Work with us
We have long term civil works projects already underway, and more in the pipeline right across Melbourne.
Working for Rokon means...
- Working with a great crew and equipment
- There's overtime but no shift work
- Great work / life balance
- We care about safety on site
- We provide plenty of training and career opportunities
With a proud workforce that is progressive, diverse and embraces new systems and technology, Rokon welcomes interest and applications from passionate individuals who are seeking to start their career in civil construction or want to further develop and progress their careers.
We need experienced Site Supervisors & Leading Hands NOW. See below for details or get in touch.
Positions we look for
About the opportunity
With long term civil projects already underway, and more in the pipeline across north and south east Melbourne, we need experienced Supervisors now.
Reporting directly to the Area Manager, your primarily responcibility will be to deliver assigned projects on time, on budget and meeting all safety and quality standards.
Your key responsibilities include, but are not limited to :
- Plan and manage the overall allocation of plant, materials and human resources, to meet key project timelines for assigned projects;
- Liaise with all subcontractors and ensure completed works meet the required specifications;
- Ensure that workers adhere to Rokon safety policies and procedures at all times;
- Review budgets and KPI’s for allocated projects monthly and flag any issues with Area Manager and Project Engineer/Manager;
- Participate in or conduct site audits, client meetings, sign-offs, safety inspections and other requirements, at appropriate stages for each project; and
- Ensure project documentation and administration is completed as required.
You will need to demonstrate the following:
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in civil construction in a site supervisory/ manager capacity, managing multiple stages;
- Extensive residential and industrial subdivision works experience;
- Organised and capable people person with high professional standards and the interpersonal communication and negotiation skills;
- Ensure works are completed the right way, first time, every time;
- Knowledge of health, safety, environment and quality processes and systems;
- A focus on working with productivity targets, including budget and quality; and
- Qualifications in Civil Construction Supervision/Management is considered an advantage.
About the opportunity
Reporting to the Site Supervisor, you will primarily be responsible for delivering assigned projects safely and efficiently.
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrate and comply with all safe working policies and at all times
- Participate in, and when required, conduct toolbox and pre-start meetings
- Maintain up to date knowledge of project quality requirements and stipulated outcomes for the project through specifications, plans, technical drawings, permits, council requirements, etc.
- Actively support the Site Supervisor to meet productivity, budget and quality targets for the project
- Assist in coordinating plant, material and internal and external human resources on site
- Ensure project is running effectively and efficiently in Site Supervisor's absence
- Participate in the completion of documentation and compliance for the site as required
- Assist the Site Supervisor with team training
- Work closely with the Project team to ensure project is meeting timelines and budgets
- Assist in forward planning for plant, human resources, sub-contractor requirements and materials as directed
- Participate in audits, client meetings, sign offs, safety inspections, maintenance and other requirements as required
To be considered, you need to demonstrate the following:
- 1-2 years’ experience as a Leading Hand within the civil construction sector preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong planning and organisational skills
- Positive, proactive with a can-do attitude
- Self-motivated and display initiative readily.
- Exhibit high personal and professional work standards, and a willingness to learn
- Keen to progress your career in operations management
- All relevant industry tickets and licenses