Grand Central, currently under construction in Tarneit, 30km west of Melbourne CBD. The 38ha site will feature approx. 490 lots.
Located in the up-and-coming suburb of Tarneit, Melbourne’s west, Grand Central’s location is surrounded by green opens spaces, leisure, shopping, transport links and education options, and only 30km from Melbourne CBD.
Rokon have been awarded Grand Central Estate Stage 11-14.
Key project deliverables included:
- 600m of Wetlands drainage to from pipe size 300 -1650 connecting 3 sediment ponds and 7 inlet/intermediate pools to connect the entire wetlands area
- 307,000m3 of cut earthworks
- 115,000 sqm of topsoil to wetland area
- 21,000 m3 of Clay Liner to be installed into wetlands
- Over 8000 sqm of shared footpath (for pedestrian use, scenic walks)
Area of works = Over 130,000 m2
The new precinct of Grand Central acquired by Stockland Development in March 2021 is expected to be home to approximately 490 families, key features of the precinct include Grand Central park with an adjacent proposed town centre plus, proposed train station and sports stadium.